Centre for European Progression is looking for a junior policy analyst.
C4EP is looking for a Junior Policy Analyst (JPA) to join its ranks, to work specifically on designated topics related to its core activities and providing assistance to the general manager in running the organisation. C4EP deals with EU-related policy consultations and advising, recruitment and career-building assistance of young professional seeking opportunities around the EU institutions.
The successful candidate should have a solid academic background, a good understanding of EU institutions and current EU policy developments. He/she will be expected to be based in Brussels or in a location with easy access to Brussels, and would preferably start in the course of the month of March 2023. The offering is for a full-time job.
Who we are:
a pro-active think-tank, best known for publishing EU Events, an online guide to all programs happening inside the „Euro Bubble”
- international background
- registered in Belgium
- independent of political parties, governments and ideologies, but committed to a strong European Union
- a key mission of our projects is to encourage, include and empower young professionals who deal with European Affairs
What you will do:
On a regular basis:
- outline, create and publish analyses and studies based on individual research
- take part in organising events
- edit English language texts contributed by external authors (optional)
On an irregular basis:
- help out with the administrative tasks of the centre’s daily operation
- o edit English language texts contributed by external authors (optional)
What we require:
- university degree (BA/BSc) in political science, social sciences, communications, economics or related disciplines
- fluency in English, with proven writing skills
- citizenship of an EU member state
- excellent analytical as well as organisational skills
- good understanding of European and international politics
- excellent interpersonal and networking skills
What we value:
- higher university degree, MA/MSc (including ongoing studies)
- command of additional European languages, especially French
- previous experience in the European institutions or the NGO sector
What we offer:
- a job contract that fully complies with Belgian law, with all the benefits
- a competitive salary
- flexible hours, including home office
- opportunities to publish
- opportunities to network
C4EP is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and particularly encourage applicants under-represented sectors of society.
Please apply for this position by email with a short motivation letter and a CV, indicating your name and “JPA” in the subject line of the e-mail. Applications should be sent to email@example.com and addressed to Tamas Lattmann, general manager. As a result of the expected high number of applications, we will only be able to contact the candidates shortlisted for an interview, which will take place preferably personally in Brussels during the course of second half of February.
Deadline for applications: __20 February 2023__